Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Screening: Steven Bognar; PBS tonight!

Tonight is a big night for Steven Bognar (JSF, vol.1) and Julia Reichert: their documentary A LION IN THE HOUSE is airing on PBS. It will be shown in two installments, tonight and tomorrow. It will probably be on at 9pm, but check your local listings.

This film premiered at Sundance this year, where it garnered heaps of praise and held the distinction of being the longest doc. ever accepted.

I was fortunate enough to see the film at the Wexner Center in May, where I had the pleasure of bumping into Steven and Julia.

The film is phenomenal. I won’t attempt any kind of review, here; it's just too massive a film to reduce down to a quip or two. I’ll just say that it is deeply impressive, and I’d be surprised if it didn’t somehow affect the medical world that it portrays.

Followers